SUPPORTED BY GEZE BIM DOOR OBJECTS
Integral planning of buildings with BIM projects
What is BIM (Building Information Modelling)?
BIM stands for Building Information Modeling and refers to an innovative building planning model using software. Building data are recorded, processed and networked digitally using BIM. This means that BIM buildings can be designed, modelled, optimised and simulated, from the planning phase and implementation through to commissioning and possible deconstruction. All that happens in just one 3D model which all the participants work on jointly.
Unlike classical drawings of plans, BIM offers the opportunity to develop a model from the outset, which is constantly further refined during the course of the planning. At the end, an image of the actual building is created.
However the BIM method is far more than just a simple 3D model: Every construction component, every element links diverse information, for example about maintenance cycles or instruction for recycling the specific element. One of the benefits of digital integral planning with BIM is that precise predictions of a building's construction and life cycle costs can be made at the planning stage.
How does GEZE support you with the BIM Method?
BIM elements – the new way of planning.
Made by GEZE.
You can design and deliver door objects simply, quickly and securely using GEZE BIM objects. Architects always see doors as one of the most complex construction components. To simplify matters, GEZE has developed door objects in accordance with the results of the work done by the buildingSMART doors group.
The definitive new aspect of the GEZE BIM objects is the simplicity with which subsequent decisions can be integrated into the door solution. There is no unmanageable plethora of doors. There are just five doors in the BIM planning which can then be customised individually. Side parts and fanlights are contained in the swing doors, eliminating the need for laborious creation and adjustment.
The BIM objects can be adjusted in the scale of 1:200 to 1:10. Given what they include, they are remarkably small and compact and do not have any unnecessary details.
But the GEZE BIM object always provides a complete door and not just an add-on part which could be misinterpreted by the CAD programmes. As a result, door or element lists can be produced at the push of a button.
Advantages of integral planning with BIM
The BIM method facilitates better exchange of information between all participants thanks to the continual availability of high quality data. This enables higher productivity to be achieved. BIM planning enables errors to be recognised at an early stage and then rectified. Building Information Modelling thus allows for more planning and cost security throughout the entire life cycle of a building. At the same time, additional individual benefits are generated for the various BIM user groups.
Your personal advantages
- Standardised data from the planner with a lot of information
- Early visualisation of the door enables security with respect to price and function
- Information about the door available consistently from planning through to operation
- Link to Facility Management right from the planning phase
Architects & Planners:
- No more need to search catalogues thanks to universally configurable objects
- Extended meta data for export of door lists
- Simple structuring with just five different objects
- Preparation of neutral objects
- Complete doors instead of just fittings or built-on parts
- All important data at a glance enables the extraction of price- related information
- Use of proven door solutions instead of risky personal creations
- BIM objects can be customised for personal standard door catalogue
- Direct connection to the manufacturer for comparable data
- Expert consultancy for door solutions thanks to many years of experience
BIM Planning with GEZE BIM Objects
When you undertake integral building planning within the context of the BIM method, you can upload and configure the BIM objects provided by GEZE in your CAD software. In addition to visualisation of the building, which is of particular interest in the planning and construction phase, BIM offers additional advantages. Information is assigned to the GEZE BIM objects which can then be evaluated and, for example, allow the maintenance/upkeep process to de designed simply and predictably and the costs made transparent.
Selection can be made from these five doors:
GEZE BIM Objects in Application
There are several opportunities to use GEZE BIM objects:
- BIM objects can be downloaded at no cost from the GEZE website and adjusted in the specific CAD programme
- via a web-based component management system doors can be configured, assigned to projects and later be upload to the corresponding CAD software
- a free software add-on (plug-in) for the CAD programmes Graphisoft ArchiCAD, Nemetschek Allplan and Autodesk Revit makes it possible to use the component management system directly from the CAD programme
BIM enables anyone involved in the building planning to work together on the projects that have been set up. This means that information is exchanged at an early stage and errors are prevented. The wealth of meta data already available is compared against the official buildingSMART door list. This even includes international projects and serves as a guide for the opportunities that the BIM object offers.
The BIM objects are available for these programmes: Graphisoft ArchiCAD (from version 17), Autodesk Revit (from version 2015) and Nemetschek Allplan (from version 2016), and in German, English and Spanish.
Contact and exchange with specialists is part of the complete GEZE BIM solution. This means that GEZE not only offers 3D objects, but also a solution for planners within the BIM process.
Download GEZE BIM Objects
Integrate the GEZE BIM projects into your integral planning. You can also easily download BIM objects here. You will also find supporting instructions for use of the BIM objects here.
Download the appropriate plug-in for the use of the component management system directly from the CAD application:
Download here the operating instructions for use of the GEZE web app and plug-in (PDF).
Should you have any questions or need building design advice, please don't hesitate to contact us. We'll be happy to help.
Or contact us directly:
Your experts for planning and advice:
Tel.: +49 7152 / 203-112
Mon - Fr 7:30 am to 5:00 pm (CET)